Our mission is to provide a basket containing a complete Thanksgiving dinner to struggling families within the Streamwood, Hanover Park, Bartlett, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg, Palatine, Elk Grove, Elgin and South Elgin areas in order to bring a sense of hope, knowing that their community cares about them.
Each basket will feed a family of five. We’ve created this charity with the purpose of bringing together people who share a desire to help others – knowing that the true gift is in the giving.
The Basket Brigade concept was inspired by Tony Robbins, who grew up in a struggling family, and experienced complete generosity when someone knocked on his door with a Thanksgiving basket full of food, and forever changed his life. This simple gesture of giving turned into the Basket Brigade movement, which delivers these baskets of Thanksgiving Dinners to over 3 million deserving people around the world annually.
Benefits of Corporate Sponsorship:
- Link to your business on our sponsor page of our website.
- Recognition at our events and benefit shows.
- Posters to display at your business.
- Certified 501(c)(3) so donations are tax deductible.
- Support your local community.
- Opportunity for you and your staff to confidentially nominate families-in-need.
- Opportunity to be a part of Assembly Day, a truly moving experience.
- Press release promoting your involvement in Basket Brigade.
- It feels really good! As Tony Robbins says, “The Secret to LIVING is GIVING.”
- Volunteer on assembly day.
The Lorraine M. Walsh Memorial Foundation is a recipient of a Google Ad Grants award. The Google Ad Grants program supports registered nonprofit organizations that share Google’s philosophy of community service to help the world in areas such as science and technology, education, global public health, the environment, youth advocacy, and the arts. Google Ad Grants is an in-kind advertising program that awards free online advertising to nonprofits via Google AdWords.
The Basket Brigade of Suburban Chicago is a division of The Lorraine M. Walsh Memorial Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charity.
All donations are tax deductible. FEIN: 47-5225925.
You can download a copy of our Federal Tax Exemption Letter by clicking the here.